Monday, December 8, 2008

blasphemy...

Been watching the Robotech series on DVD the other day, the first installment or Macross Saga. To the best of my memory, the Robotech series that I grew up on (public tv not cable of course) was a little bit different than this boxed set. I remember Rick and Lisa Hayes riding off into the proverbial sunset (he made the better choice in my opinion) and left Minmei in the dust.

That ending I remembered concluded with episode 27, but I was surprised to find a total of 36 episodes in the set, almost like someone tried to tack on an extra "ps" or throw their modern spin on the series. Needless to say I was livid. Enough to the point I had to get on the net and do my wikipedia research. I'm still not done, but what I did find was enough to make me go to bed crying.

So below, from left to right, is a pic of the voices behind the American version of Robotech: The Macross Saga, or Lisa Hayes (my pre-teen heart throb), Rick Hunter, and Lynn Minmei.

Good night cruel, cruel world. My pre-teen crush on foxy anime Lisa Hayes is forever shattered...

No comments: